Are you serious about reaching children?
Then you need serious training.
About the Course
Teaching Children Effectively (TCE™) Level 1 is designed to offer a fresh approach to evangelizing and teaching children. Based on spiritual and educational principles, the course provides the methods and procedures to lead children to Christ and immediately equips the believer to begin and sustain a ministry where he lives. Student practicums are a vital part of the instructional procedure which makes TCE a refreshing way to train Christians in child evangelism.
To provide each student with:
- Increased knowledge about the spiritual needs of children
- Effective methods of evangelism
- Basic skills for organizing and conducting productive children’s Bible classes
- Practical ideas which make learning enjoyable for boys and girl
Current TCE Offerings
- TCE 1 will be offered in our local area this fall with the following course dates Aug. 28, Sep. 11, 18, 23, 25, and Oct. 2, 9, 16, 21
- Contact our local coordinator for information about offerings in other areas of the state.
- There will be homework assignments to complete between sessions.
- Attendance affects certificate completion.
- $50 registration fee (included in the course cost) due upon registration ($25 for early registration). Remainder due on the course start date.
- Early registration discount – save $25 on course costs through a deposit discount if you register two weeks before the final date.
- Final registration date is August 14th and at this time the $50 deposit becomes non-refundable
- If you have served in Good News Club or with CYIA in the Sandhills area, you may be eligible for our local CEF Sandhills Chapter Scholarship. Contact our Course Coordinator Rita Hall for more information.
All course instructors specialize in children’s ministry and are trained and certified by CEF.
Students can earn five Continuing Education Units (CEUs) in professional education or in Bible for completing this course. A certificate will be awarded by CMI® (Children's Ministry Institute) to all who successfully complete the course.
- The Child in the New Testament
- The Importance of Conversion
- How to Lead a Child to Christ
- Encouraging the Newly Converted Child
- Bible Lesson Preparation and Presentation
- The Invitation
- Counseling the Child for Salvation
- The Neighborhood Outreach
- The Importance of the Teacher Discipline
- Visual Communication in Teaching
- Scripture Memorization
- Teaching with Music
- Teaching Children to Pray
- PLUS! Participation in five children’s classes applying the knowledge gained in the course.
To enroll in TCE Level 1 you must be:
- A born-again Christian
- At least 15 years of age
- Willing to participate in all class activities including practicum sessions
- Auditing is not permitted
The total cost for this 33-hour course is $150. This amount includes all material, class fees, student text, registration, and meals (as determined by schedule). Scholarships and early registration discounts are available.
Contact us for more information or Register Today